Here are a few of the things I found online that helped me in my weaving endeavours:
I watched this video probably about 8 times! It was very helpful.
2. a post from Playful Learning
3. a post from Sugar and Charm
4. I also just thought this was a cool project to do with students
5. And of course, PINTEREST!
Over the course of the winter 2015 semester I have been requires to work on a personal arts project. The art was the students choice, and I chose weaving. I chose weaving because I had been seeing a lot of woven tapestries and or wall hangings come up in home decor magazines, style blogs, Instagram, Pinterest, and so on. I thought it would be cool to learn a skill that happens to be a DIY art trend right now. So, here I am, wrapping up my art project that I have been working on for an entire semester.
here where my goals I set out before starting the project:
|The first few weeks of Feb.
||Try my hand at weaving, and try to get a feel for it. Complete a woven wall piece to mark my “starting point”
|The first week in march
||Complete a second wall piece, hopefully improving on skills
|The middle of march (maybe the 16th)
||Complete a third wall piece this time incorporating some type of pattern or shapes within the composition of the piece.
|The last week of march
||Complete one last wall piece that will incorporates everything I have learned, hopefully exemplifying some skill improvement.
Although a requirement for this project, setting up goals before hand allowed to me to stay on track and have a game plan for what this project would look like while continuing to participate in my other classes and just generally live my life, considering a social life ( lets be honest I am a student, i don’t have much of a social life haha) and my work schedule.
Over the course of the semester my goals and plans shifted slightly. I originally wanted to incorporate a more complex pattern or design in my hangings, but it made more sense to me to master the style I was originally practicing before trying a new style.
Here are my finished pieces: